Last updated on September 29th, 2021 at 07:14 am
Nowadays, obesity is considered comorbidity for many diseases as obesity enhances them and plays a significant risk factor for their occurrence.
For example, obesity is significantly related to diabetes, hypertension, and thrombotic disorders like pulmonary embolism and angina.
Moreover, severe obesity may restrict the person’s life activity, affecting his/her work and hence the country’s income.
The more severe effect that obese patients have psychological disorders due to the obesity negative effect on their lives.
That is why it was essential to search about how obesity can be treated, how can obese people lose a sum of kilograms returning to their usual life without any psychological problems, so diets are considered as hot trends for weight loss
Most Frequently Asked Questions about Cambridge Diet
By completing this post you will the correct answers for all the below questions and more, so please keep reading till finish and if you have any unanswered question, just leave them in comments
- What do you eat on the Cambridge Diet?
- Why the Cambridge diet is bad for you?
- How much does Cambridge diet cost?
- What can I eat on Cambridge Diet Step 1?
- How quickly can you lose weight on Cambridge Diet?
- Do you put weight back on after Cambridge Diet?
- How do you know when you’re in ketosis with Cambridge Diet?
- Can you eat fruit on the Cambridge Diet?
- Can you drink Diet Coke in Cambridge?
- What is Step 3 Cambridge Diet?
- How long does ketosis take on Cambridge Diet?
What is Cambridge Diet?
Cambridge diet plan is considered the hottest trend regarding weight loss.
It is called Cambridge Diet, Cambridge diet plan, Cambridge Weight Plan, Cambridge diet shakes or Cambridge diet USA.
It is a diet plan for rapid weight loss; it is based on a low-calorie diet containing snacks, soups, shakes, and porridge.
Cambridge diet provides the typical body requirements with avoiding many calories.
This plan was initiated at Cambridge university in 1970 by dr.Alan Howard.
In 1980, in the UK and USA, Cambridge diet plan was initiated as a product, not just a diet.
Later, Cambridge diet plan was called a one to one ratio diet (1:1), referring to the diet counsellor and the dieter relationship.
How does Cambridge diet work?
Cambridge diet shakes works as follows:
On the condition you signed up for Cambridge diet plan, you will need to assign a specific consultant who will consult you all the time of the diet plan. Hence 1 to 1 Cambridge diet plan comes.
The consultant provides the dieter with support, advice and the proper diet plan suiting the dieter.
Cambridge diet plan is unique as it is the only diet plan that creates a relationship between both the dieter and the consultant.
The dieter gets considerable support hence great results.
Over the Republic of Ireland and the UK, there are about 6,500 consultants who provide one to one relationship for the dieters throughout their long journey of weight loss to reduce the journey with personalized support.
Cambridge diet plan is as follows; you should find a near consultant by entering your postcode into the website; (one to one) diet website.
Then the consultant helps you to choose the proper diet plan for you according to the dieter targets, personal conditions and needs.
Cambridge diet shakes contain 6 steps and 4 stages in each diet program, including the preparation, loss of the weight, stabilization and lastly, management of the long-term weight loss.
Some dieters start with the first step. However, consults may advise them to start with another step.
Cambridge Diet Six stages in details:
It is essential to know that calories given for dieters are approximations, not precise values.
Calculations of the nutritional information are done in Cambridge diet plan.
The last steps provide more weight loss than the first steps.
The consultant will guide you for the plan, its multiple steps and how the step arrangements, advising you how to start with step 1 and the other long term steps details.
Cambridge diet plan products:
- Chocolate shakes
- Banana shakes
- Mac and Cheese
- Chili & Lime Fava Beans
- Choc Mint Bites
- Cottage Pie
Shakes can be.
- Vanilla (LF)
- Cappuccino (LF)
- Chocolate (LF)
- Chocolate Caramel Biscuit Shake *
- Chocolate Mint
- Fruits of the Forest
- Apple & Blackcurrant
- Cherry & Strawberry
- Breakfast Smoothie with Oats
- Ready-to-drink Chocolate
- Mixed Berry
- Apple & Cinnamon
- Maple & Pecan
- Chicken & Mushroom
- Leek & Potato
- Oriental Chilli
- Vegetable with Croutons
- Cherry Bakewell
- Chocolate Mint Crunch
- Chocolate Chewy
- Chocolate & Orange Fusion
- Lemon Yoghurt
- Cranberry Crunch
- Peanut Crispy
- Toffee Chewy
- Strawberry & Apple Yoghurt
- Salted Caramel Bites
- Choc Mint Bites
- Spicy Couscous
- Chicken Tikka StyleCurry
- Spaghetti Bolognese
- Cottage Pie
- Sour Cream
- Lime Fava Beans
- Chive Fava Beans
Water Flavourings & Tubs
- Lemon & Lime
- Golden Vegetable
- Raspberry & Elderflower
Step up Meals
- Veg Chilli with Potato Wedges
- Pearl Barley Risotto
Cambridge Diet - Step 1
Step 1 is known as “Sol Source“, as Cambridge diet plan’s products will be your only source of nutrition.
It will be as follows:
3 products of Cambridge diet plan.
25 litres for four fluid pints all day.
4 products of Cambridge diet plan.
25 litres for four fluid pints all day.
Cambridge Diet - Step 2
Step 2 is the first step when the dieter can mix Cambridge diet Plan products with daily food intake.
Your allowance a day is:
3 products of Cambridge diet Plan of 200kcal.
Cambridge Diet - Step 3
Your food allowance intake will increase on moving from one step to another. Your allowance a day is:
2 products of Cambridge diet Plan, 150 kcal in breakfast.
Lunch should be a salad (green leaves as spinach, rockets watercress, cucumber, celery and radishes), and the dinner should be 400 kcal, with skimmed milk (allowed 200 ml)
And if you need any suggestions, ask the consultant.
Cambridge Diet - Step 4
In step 4, you can mix Cambridge diet Plan products with meals. Your allowance per day is:
Two products of Cambridge diet Plan, breakfast with 200 kcal allowed.
Green leaves as spinach, rockets, watercress, cucumber, celery, and radishes are allowed, 400 kcal for dinner with a bonus of 100 kcal, skimmed milk (300 ml)
4 diet products with 2.25 fluid litres over the day.
Cambridge Diet - Step 5
Products of Cambridge diet Plan are mixed with daily food. Your allowance per day is :
One Cambridge diet Plan product.
200 kcal in breakfast, and 400 kcal in lunch, 500 kcal in dinner with100 kcal bonus.
Cambridge Diet - Step 6
It is the maintenance step.
Then we can say, Congratulations!
This time you lose weight and reach your target weight.
That is why this is the maintenance step.
People in this step require different calories to maintain their reached weight. It will be your consultant job.
Who is Cambridge diet good for?
Cambridge diet is food for persons who have 26 or more body mass index.
If your relationship with food is challenging or if you have significant weight you need to lose, Cambridge diet plan will be a good choice, and this is because, in that unique plan, you will be in a direct relationship with the consultant full of great support and gradual following up, you need to get your medical form in the first and second step plus informing your physician.
What are the pros of Cambridge diet?
Cambridge diet has the advantages of providing a drastic and instant loss of weight. The meal replacement products or mixed with daily food are balanced of nutritional contents. The dieter surely will get the total expected amount of nutrients of multiple minerals and vitamins.
Scientific studies say that Cambridge diet plan is safe for weight loss and long-term benefits for health status.
Many scientific pieces of research suggest that Cambridge diet plan is tolerable and suitable for weight loss up to 15 kilograms loss.
It is a good choice also in patients who have diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, prediabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and osteoarthritis.
Cambridge diet plan is easy, primarily stage 1, as you take the product through the day.
Cambridge diet can restrict your bad habits of eating unhealthy snacks.
The diet program is complete with essential nutrition with balance for human beings
What are the cons of Cambridge diet ?
Cambridge plan diet has disadvantages as follows:
- Some diet experts estimated how Cambridge diet has cons: a diet plan with daily 1000 calories or less, you ought not to follow it for more than twelve weeks.
- There should be a supervisor for side effects like muscle mass loss.
- Not be followed for more than 12 weeks continuously.
- Suppose a dieter is eating only 600 calories or less a day. In that case, he/she should be evaluated constantly by a healthcare/diet professional to avoid serious consequences, such as loss of muscle mass.
- There are also published research saying that Cambridge diet plan has side effects such as nausea, flatulence, respiratory problems, tiredness, constipation, dizziness, and gallbladder stones.
- It also causes Ketosis, which is a severe side effect, The body produces Ketosis when the calories are not enough for the body’s nutrition.
- The body starts to get its energy not only from fat cells but also from muscles. In a deficient carbohydrate diet, Ketosis is a common side effect that may affect the brain, the liver, and the kidney.
- Dehydration is a side effect of Cambridge diet plan; there is a suggestion that you should drink 8 water glasses per day on Cambridge diet to avoid dehydration.
- Craving of diet for food increases due to mixed meals of food and Cambridge diet products, leading to unwanted weight gain results. So, Cambridge diet may not be so effective if it is used for a long duration.
- Cambridge diet shakes are risk factors for eating disorders. The dieter may find it challenging to maintain the diet plan for a long duration. Also, people who lose a lot of weight are more likely to gain weight than others.
For moreover disadvantages, Cambridge diet products may be expensive.
How Much does Cambridge diet plan Cost?
Costs differ from consultant to consultant however, normally, dieters may expect to cover about 3.60 $ to get a meal. some meals cost less than a fancy coffee. The diet is a very cost-effective approach to eliminate weight, together with each meal ensured to be considerably fitter than high-fat snacks and snacks that are carbonated.”
Is Cambridge diet effective and safe ?
- Cambridge diet is considered safe regarding one to one relationship and following up, it is healthy, but some experts say that it isn’t safe due to calorie restriction.
- Under one to one, supervision from one of their trained consultants, Cambridge diet claims to be safe and healthy to follow. Still, some experts and nutritionists say they do not recommend diets restricted to under 600 calories per day.
- Max Bridger (a nutritionist, lifestyle specialist and trainer from LND Academy) Says: “I don’t advise anyone to take less than 500 calories in a period of 12 weeks as it affects muscles causing toned and athletic physique lastly”.
If you return to your regular feeding, you won’t keep your new weight.