Using healthy, nutritious substitutes in your dishes is the best way to stay healthy without sacrificing your favorite taste. Spices are a great way to flavor your dishes.
Cardamom is considered one of the famous spices, which has been used for centuries for its medicinal values.
This article will show you what cardamom substitutes can be used and their different health benefits.
What is cardamom?
It is an ancient remedy that has been used by people from different cultures. It’s an incredible spice that is used in the preparation of various dishes.
There are three kinds of cardamom, green, black, and white. It has a sweet and savory flavor. Green cardamom has a wonderful flavor, on the other hand, black cardamom has a smoky flavor.
- The oils of cardamom contain infection-fighting properties, which help stop the growth of dangerous bacteria that may cause food poisoning
- Cardamom has diuretic properties and antioxidants, both may help reduce high blood pressure
- It can be used as a natural remedy for Cold, Flu, and certain respiratory problems by improving lungs function
- Cardamom can be useful as a treatment for some scalp problems, especially the black type, which helps improve hair growth
- It’s an effective natural remedy for oral health by killing the bad bacteria that cause bad breath, gum diseases, and cavities because of its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties
- Researches have shown that cardamom may help fight cancer because of containing cancer-fighting ingredients, which prevent the generation of cancerous cells
- Using cardamom is a magical way to purify your skin and helps promote skin elasticity
- It’s good for heart health by helping protect against heart attacks
- Using it can help reduce toxins from the body and break down fats which may cause fatty liver
- It’s a natural remedy for depression and anxiety. It can be used for controlling stress and improving sleep quality
- Including cardamom in your daily diet is an effective way for weight loss. It boosts metabolic rate, which speeds up the fat-burning process and reducing water retention. You can chew cardamom seeds each day to have good results
- It helps the digestive system to work effectively and prevents digestive problems
Is cardamom gluten-free?
Gluten is a protein found in grains, wheat, rye, and barley. Cardamom does not have gluten. It’s completely gluten-free. it’s safe to be used on a gluten-free diet. But you should be sure that it has been processed in a gluten-free facility.
Why to substitute for cardamom?
- Simply, if you don’t like its taste, or you may don’t have it around you in your home
- If you have experienced allergic reactions
- Some drugs may interact with cardamom including, HIV drugs, Aspirin, Gallstone medicines, liver medicines, medicines for irritable bowel syndrome, Anti-platelet drugs, and Anticoagulants
- You can avoid cardamom side effects by consuming moderate amounts of it.
Best nutritional yeast substitutes
Nothing can truly substitute for the unique flavor of cardamom, but of course, there are many substitutions that can be used instead of cardamom.
They are a popular spice that can be used in soups, sauces, meats, and stews. They are rich in antioxidants, which help reduce the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Other than this, they contain beta-carotene which is good for eye health.
In addition, cloves can help people who want to stop smoking. They may help reduce blood pressure and keep blood sugar under control. Researches have shown that cloves contain compounds that might help fight cancer.
It’s perfect for your weight loss diet by promoting metabolism and digestion. First, you should mix cloves with other spices, such as cumin seeds, ginger, and cinnamon. Then, you should boil 1 tablespoon of this mixture in a glass of water.
Add honey to this mixture, and drink it each morning for better results.
2: Cinnamon and nutmeg
They can function as a great replacement for cardamom. You can mix equal parts of both of them to get unique flavors similar to cardamom. Cinnamon is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which help the body fight infection.
Researches show that cinnamon may help control blood glucose levels by boosting insulin function, and that leads to better weight control.
For better results, you can prepare your can-tea by boiling a cup of water and then, add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to the water. Let it cool first before adding one teaspoon of honey and drink it daily.
This drink has amazing weight loss benefits. It supports melt belly fat, which can cause heart disease and diabetes.
What about nutmeg!!!!
It’s a good replacement for cardamom. It’s an excellent resource of antioxidants, which help protect body cells from damage and may protect against chronic diseases.
In addition, it contains anti-inflammation properties, which help prevent infection. It contains potassium, manganese, iron, and many more vitamins and minerals.
It can be used to improve digestion, treat depression and anxiety. It has many benefits for hair and skin. Including nutmeg in your diet, is very helpful for weight loss for many reasons.
First, It contains fiber, which helps suppress appetite. Second, it helps improve digestion, that’s because it has digestive properties, which can help boost metabolism.
It’s safe to consume it, so involve it in your diet to see the amazing results, there are some ways to add nutmeg to your dishes:
- You can add it to soups, oatmeal, muffins, and cereal
- You can add it to desserts, cakes, and cookies
- You can add it to coffee and tea
- It can be added to fruits and vegetables
It is a good substitute for cardamom. It’s used in savory and sweet dishes as well.
It has several health benefits, including preventing infections, reducing the growth of cancer cells, and treating Nausea. It additionally has the ability to control blood sugar and reduce bad cholesterol.
It helps your body to digest and absorb nutrients from food because of its digestive properties, which help reduce gas and bloating.
Controlling blood sugar levels leads to better weight control, too.
There are some ways to involve allspice in your daily diet:
- You can use it as a drink by mixing it with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg
- You can add it to chicken, meats, soups, sauces, or you can add it to your favorite vegetables
It’s considered one of the best cardamom substitutes. It’s one of the best spices that can help with weight loss. Using it daily can help burn fats, which are linked to heart diseases and diabetes.
It also prevents gas and bloating. It’s easy and quick to be absorbed by the stomach.
Researches show that cumin may reduce bad cholesterol and help lower blood sugar.
There are some ways to add it to your diet:
- You can add it to burgers, fries, meats, chicken, and roasted veggie dishes
- You can make a special drink by soaking one tablespoon of cumin seeds in water and leave it all night, then boil the water for about 40 seconds, and squeeze a lemon in it. This drink should be used daily in the morning for reducing body fats and promoting healthy digestion
5: Coriander seeds
They have several health benefits that make them a good replacement for cardamom. Including them in your dishes may help lower sugar levels in the blood and boost immunity.
They have antiseptic properties, which are effective in curing different skin issues. They additionally help prevent hair fall.
They help in curing flu and cold because they are rich in vitamins like vitamin C, beta–carotene, folic acid, and vitamin A.
Coriander seeds are an effective solution for weight loss by boosting up metabolism and reducing body fats. Being a good source of fiber is a helpful way to stop feeling hungry.
For reducing belly fat, boil one tablespoon of coriander seed in water, let it cool down, and leave it overnight, and drink it in the morning on an empty stomach
You can use coriander seeds in soups, stew, and bread
It is a healthy and nutritious substitute for cardamom. It has thermogenic properties, which help burn fats and also, help to control blood sugar levels.
It’s an incredible spice, which helps increase fat burning and speeds up the metabolism rate. Additionally, it plays a vital role in losing weight faster by controlling appetite.
7: Apple pie spice
It is a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. It gives a uniquely small and flavor to many kinds of foods. It is a wonderful cardamom substitute.
It provides several health benefits, including fighting inflammation, lowering bad cholesterol, boosting immunity, and helping in treating diabetes.
It may aid weight control because it has digestive properties, which assist digestion.
- You can add it to pancakes, waffles, apple desserts, and sweet potatoes
Finally, you should know that you have many choices for cardamom substitutes that can mimic the texture and flavor it. Simply, try to use different combinations of spices for more health benefits.