Every one of us wants a fit body which makes us look attractive and presentable. But with issues like obesity and improper nutrition people become chubby! A perfect diet can make them achieve their dream of the perfect body. This diet is called bodybuilding diet, which is usually taken when the person is undergoing the gym training.
It is a diet which is made in order to cut on the fat and build muscles. There can be many variations in the bodybuilding diet, but what remains constant is the bodybuilding program. The diet is a mixture of proteins and complex carbohydrates, which focus upon making the individual fat free and healthy. Such diets are designed differently for different people as the body requirements of every individual vary.
Most Frequently Asked Questions about bodybuilding diet
By completing this post you will the correct answers for all the below questions and more , so please keep reading till finish and if you have any unanswered question , just leave it in comments
- What is a bodybuilding diet?
- Think you know bodybuilding food?
- You are now following are bodybuilding diets healthy?
- Which dietary supplements should i consider if i adopt the bodybuilding diet?
- how to diet for bodybuilding ?
A Bodybuilding Diet typically contains intake of 2,500 to 5,500 calories per day for men. For women the calorie intake is in between 1,500-3,000 calories per day. This calorie intake is decided according to the type of exercise undertaken by the person.
The research shows that the Bodybuilding Diet works pretty well in increasing the body size and muscles. However, an exact ration of the carbohydrates, proteins and fats is not given. Protein is considered as the basic nutrient which repairs the muscles and makes them stronger. 40-60% of the carbohydrate intake is also necessary to increase the body performance of the individual. Usually 500 calories are required to be burned in order to create one pound of muscle. This equation works best for the dieticians to make up a chart according to the exercise undertaken and the body structure of the individual.
Nutrients required in Bodybuilding Diet:
Usually the body building diet contains complex carbohydrates, which can help the body of the builder to stay energized during the whole day. The food items which include complex carbohydrates are whole grain bread, cereal, beans, pasta and vegetables.
body building diet Benefits:
- Improve Health: The body becomes immune to a lot of body problems when you work out. It is a certified fact that when you work out the risk of coronary heart disease gets reduced. You are also able to control high blood pressure, the cholesterol levels and obesity with the help of aerobic exercises. It keeps your body fit and takes care of your muscles and bones. It reduces the risk of arthritis and joint pains too.
- Mental Health: Proper body coordination is necessary to carry out the exercise. This leads to rise in self-esteem and confidence. The aerobic and weight lifting exercises allow an individual to reduce the stress levels and keep the whole body oxygenated as blood flows properly throughout the body. Many people start feeling low about their image in the public due to their body. Body building exercises allow them to concentrate on their body and the transformation allows them to feel good about themselves.
- Increases Positivity: physical activity induces the release of the hormone endorphin. This hormone is a brain chemical which influences the mood of the people. With more release of the hormone, the person stays positive towards life, stays happy and this leads to greater productivity in life. Good feelings invite good fortunes. When people stay happy, they promote positivity around them.
- Improve Nutrition: The bodybuilding diet works on your body. It notices the requirements of the body and feeds it accordingly. This leads to proper development of the body. When the proportion of the diet is fixed and determined and it is taken at regular intervals of time then the body starts operating accordingly. The regular intervals allow the system of the body to work according to the dosage and digest the food easily to provide energy. Instead of eating anything without knowing generally.
- Maintains Balance: exercising allows your body to stay in balance. Maintaining balance is very necessary as it a positive relationship between the heart, mind and body. When the three work in harmony, then magic happens. Those who are balanced know the goodness of exercising. Not only does the body starts looking good to you, but your thought process also gets sorted. Your heart works properly and this makes the balance drive in to your life which enables you to do a number of things.
- Helps fight depression and anxiety: not only the bodily diseases, but the body building exercises cure the mind diseases too. Depression is a state of negativity where the individual loses hope towards life and the activity levels of the individual decrease drastically. He/she is seen tired all day long. It is seen in most of the cases that people who suffered from depression when took the habit of doing weight lifting and aerobic exercises, the energy levels and the attitude of the person changes towards life, the person was seen energetic throughout the day by indulging in new things. This shows that the depression can be cured with the help of bodybuilding diet and exercises.
If the person has certain complications with regard to health before starting the body building like heart problems or any other issues then the person must consult a physician. Before starting out, the physician will guide the individual whether he/she can do certain exercises or not. The advice of the physician should be taken seriously and should not be compromised at any stage as this could mean your life to you.
Though it is healthy for the body to grow mass and look good, but there are certain precautions which must be taken before opting for the bodybuilding diet. These are written as follows:
- The amount of protein supplements taken during a day must be monitored. Many a times people start taking too much of the protein supplements in their diet thinking that it will help their muscles grow fast. But they are highly mistaken. This in turn leads to kidney problems and dehydration. This is something which should be understood and the protein supplements should be taken in a limited amount only.
- Body builders who are going to be put on a diet should consult their physician before choosing the supplements and the steroids. They should only be taken up by the individuals when the physician allows them to take it. Otherwise steroids like testosterone and other human steroids must not be taken at one’s own will.
- Many people who suffer from problems like arthritis or any other disease must consult their physician before taking bodybuilding diet as exercise is a main component of it. They should instruct their dietician to make the changes in the diet slowly so that their body adapts to the changes. This will ensure smooth functioning of the whole process and no trouble to the individual will be caused.
The function of the diet is to grow body mass and muscles. It is a weight gaining diet and not a weight losing one. The diet will lead to many bodily changes in the person. The nutrition provided enables the body to stay energized whole day. There will be recuperation, growth and strength which will make the person feel good about himself/herself.
This is weight building diet which focuses upon the gaining of body mass and muscles of an individual. It focuses more upon the appearance than the performance. This makes the whole perspective towards choosing certain items which will allow the human body to grow. No matter whether you are planning to bulk up, lose fat or grow muscles you will need a diet which will help you get to the results without any problem. This body building diet as discussed mainly involves carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Many physicians suggest a 40, 30, 30 ratio of the components respectively. While there are some who hold different perspectives. However, body requirements of individuals differ from one person to another. Therefore, no standard plan for diet can be made. Both male and female structures are different and no two male or two female are same, this allows the physicians to chart out customized diet plans for the individuals. The industry of the body building diet is growing rapidly as the demand to look good is increasing day by day.
As more and more gym comes up in the city, the number of people who enroll for such exercises also grow. And as that happens, people are put on a diet as soon as they start the gymming process. This allows the need of a nutritionist, a dietician in the premises who can guide the individual and make a plan which is capable of taking care of the needs of the individual. The body gets used to the diet slowly and the changes start appearing in the individual. The whole process of feeding your body is not that simple. You are supposed to understand the requirements of your body and feed it accordingly. A healthy mind rests in a healthy body. Only when your food intake will strengthen your body will your mind be powered to think in the right direction. The whole body starts functioning in harmony when you feed the right amount of nutrients to your body!