One of the products of the “SkinnyFit” website, which has spread widely among women on social media, as each sachet contains 13 herbal ingredients as mentioned in the product description and claims to have a strong effect on the metabolism process, and it does not contain laxatives and also contains 28 kinds of essential minerals and vitamins.
This combination results in many benefits, such as its ability to burn fat, lose weight, soothe digestive issues, improve immunity, and increase activity.
Does it have this effect, or is it just a marketing campaign to promote the product?
The nutritional value of a SkinnyFit detox tea bag (1.7 grams) as mentioned on the label:
- One sachet, as mentioned on the package label, contains 10 calories – 17.89 mg caffeine.
- Although it was mentioned that it contains 28 different types of vitamins, minerals, and essential nutrients, it was mentioned on the package label that the return of its daily use of vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, and calcium is 0%
- Free from “fat – sugar – protein – carbohydrates – fiber”
Is it gluten-free?
SkinnyFit Detox tea is claimed to be completely vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and grain-free, and its ingredients are all herbal.
“Superfood” is what is called the ingredients of “SkinnyFit detox tea”, so what are they and what are their advantages?
- Green tea: It is rich in antioxidants, the most important of which is epigallocatechin_3_gallate.Anti-inflammatory Action of Green Tea – PubMed (nih.gov) It has an effective effect in preventing diseases such as heart disease, obesity, and diabetes once you add it to your diet and support it. It also contains L_theanine, an amino acid that helps reduce stress.
- “SkinnyFit Detox Tea” contains two types of it, Matcha Green Tea and Sencha Green Tea, which are distinguished by their containing caffeine that plays a role in rejuvenating and energetic and also an ingredient that has a diuretic effect.
- Chinese black tea contains caffeine and is a diuretic.
- Ginseng Tonic for the body – helps improve brain function – regulates blood sugar Panax ginseng in randomised controlled trials: a systematic review – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Lemongrass improves cramps caused by digestion and calms flatulence.
- Guarana plant Contains stimulants of the central nervous system – contains antioxidants – believed to reduce weight Guaraná’s Journey from Regional Tonic to Aphrodisiac and Global Energy Drink – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Stevia Leaf Zero Calorie Sweetener.
- Dandelion has a laxative effect – contains antioxidants – enhances immunity.
- Yerba mate contains caffeine that stimulates the feeling of vitality – it contains stimulants that affect the heart and brain functions. [Association between consumption of yerba mate and lipid profile in overweight women] – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Nettle leaves contain antioxidants – reduce inflammation and prostate enlargement – reduce joint pain.
- Milk thistle improves liver function – regulates blood sugar – calms indigestion – contains antioxidants. Safety and toxicity of silymarin, the major constituent of milk thistle extract: An updated review – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Oolong contains vitamins and minerals – antioxidants that promote health – caffeine – polyphenols.Tea Polyphenols in Promotion of Human Health (nih.gov)
- The hibiscus plant affects blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar. The efficacy of sour tea (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) on selected cardiovascular disease risk factors: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials – PubMed (nih.gov)
- Goji is rich in antioxidants – boosts immunity and fights to age.
Pros of using SkinnyFit detox tea, is it true or Marketing publicity?
We will discuss in this partial pros and knowledge of being scientifically true or just assumptions:
- Boost metabolism:
- The term “superfood” is an interesting term for its content, it is said that these ingredients have a positive effect on the metabolism. Practically speaking, this information is not entirely correct, since caffeine is the biggest influence on metabolism,Caffeine and coffee: their influence on metabolic rate and substrate utilization in normal weight and obese individuals – PubMed (nih.gov) and there are multiple caffeine-containing ingredients inside each sachet, which are sencha green tea, oolong tea, yerba mate tea, and guarana. Despite this, the amount of caffeine in one sachet is only 18 mg, which is very little that affects the metabolism.
- Reduce bloating and reduce water retention:
- Among the components of “SkinnyFit Detox Tea” is lemongrass, and its properties include controlling bloating resulting from digestive processes, reducing stomach pain, and helping to improve digestive spasms. Milk thistle is also considered one of its advantages in soothing indigestion.
- It also contains caffeine, which is known for its diuretic effect, and dandelion plant laxative, which helps reduce water retention, but water retention is not a harmful thing that seeks to get rid of it. Then just drinking a cup of tea every day.
- Burn fat: Apples are among the most important contents of “polyphenols” and guarana in “SkinnyFit Detox” tea. Their properties regulate the genes that make up fat cells and this results in burning fat, but due to the small amount used daily, as well as a large number of contents in one bag, it is not reasonable. Get a strong result As it is claimed, also no clear scientific research has been mentioned indicating the effect of tea on burning fat…
- Ridding the body of toxins: “SkinnyFit” tea claims to be completely natural and contains energy-stimulating herbal and plant-based ingredients, including those that help regulate natural excretory processes such as urination and defecation, but no information was mentioned about the types of toxins it claims to get rid of, not even how to do So.
- stress reduction: Research has shown that taking 200-400 mg per day of an L-theanine supplement has a stress-reducing effectEffects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial (nih.gov). Although apples as an ingredient in tea are rich in “polyphenols” as well as the amino acid “L-theanine” for their obvious stress-controlling effect, there is no limit to the amount available in tea.
- Immunity booster: Dandelion is rich in antioxidants, which contribute to strengthening the immune system. Given the number of vitamins and minerals purported to be provided in each bag, as mentioned by SkinnyFit, which is said to contribute to fighting diseases such as the common cold, is it reasonable that the daily yield of 0% tea as stated on the label affects strengthening the immune system?! I think it’s just product marketing.
- Not laxative: Senna leaves are not part of its components, but it is preferable to know that it contains dandelion and a percentage of caffeine, which produces a laxative effect, but remember that it is a small amount that does not cause a clear effect, but it is recommended to drink tea gradually to see its effect so that you can start with half a cup.
Who is not recommended to use SkinnyFit detox tea?
It is not recommended to use it in these cases without consulting a specialist:
- During pregnancy and lactation, it is not recommended to use this tea or others to detoxify the body, but you can discuss your case with the doctor to determine its use without negative effects and make a safe plan for its use.
- During the use of contraceptive pills, the use of products to eliminate toxins produces a laxative effect that contradicts the effect of pills in contraception.
- If you are taking prescription medications
Safe dosage for daily use:
It is allowed to use a maximum of two cups to prevent any side effects, as an excess of the permissible dose may cause tension, insomnia, increased heart rate, and digestion problems.
What is the correct way to use it?
According to the instructions, you soak the bottle in hot water and drink warm or cold as desired.
Where can I get “SkinnyFit detox tea” and how much does it cost?
*The purchase process can be completed by communicating with them on their website. They have customer service throughout the day and they have the option to return the money within 90 days from the time of the purchase
*The cost of the package is $69.95, it contains 28 bags, and if you make a monthly plan, you will save 15%.